Principal Power Systems Design Engineer - Palm Bay or Fort Wayne
Company: L3Harris Technologies
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Description: Job Title: Principal Power Systems Design
Job Code: SAS3
Job Location: Palm Bay-FL or Ft Wayne-IN
Applicant will be responsible for specification, design, analysis
and testing of power solutions for avionics and spaceborne
- Design and develop power solutions and associated interface
electronics, based on integrated power module applications.
- Create block, concept and schematic diagrams; analyze and
review power designs; perform calculations, simulations and
modeling using PCB design tools.
- Lab test, evaluate and troubleshoot power designs and
- Perform interaction and interdependency analysis between
integrated power modules, interface electronics, including
associated electrical loads. Identify root causes and provide
solutions to address deleterious interactions and
- Assess and characterize power system integration impacts at
higher and lower levels of assembly; identify required solutions
and develop closure plans for observed issues.
- Generate detailed technical documentation (specifications,
performance requirements, test plans, analysis reports, design
presentations) for designed power solutions.
- Support technical reviews and milestone events for internal and
- Deliver module-based power solutions and provide engineering
support per project schedule.
- Proactively engage, coordinate and interface with external and
internal multi-disciplinary teams.
- Build confidence and trust, by fostering effective working
relationships while delivering on project objectives.
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum 9 years of prior relevant
experience, OR a Graduate Degree with at least 7 years of
- 7+ years of experience interpreting high level requirements to
develop power architectures.
- Comprehensive experience regarding power conversion
architectures, power converter topologies, power semiconductors,
control loop theory, thermal management, PWB layout best practices
and EMI filtering.
- Experience with supplier engagements. Preferred Skills and
- Active TS/SCI clearance.
- Experience with SPICE, MathCAD, Matlab, Simulink, Allegro and
- Extensive application experience with different topology AC/DC
and DC/DC power conversion modules (both isolated and non-isolated)
that meet the power and EMI requirements described under
MIL-STD-1275, MIL-STD-704, MIL-STD-461, and DO-160.
- Experience performing Worst Case analysis.
- Experience with performing independent assessments of power
- Experience leading teams and project designs.
- H-infinity controls knowledge.
- Effective collaboration across all levels of organizational
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a
multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Documented history of architecture conceptual design work.
Keywords: L3Harris Technologies, Fort Wayne , Principal Power Systems Design Engineer - Palm Bay or Fort Wayne, Other , Yoder, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...