Trauma/Acute Care Surgeon
Company: Parkview Health
Location: Fort Wayne
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Join our Team
Parkview Health is actively recruiting a Board Eligible/Board
Certified Trauma/Acute Care Surgeon to join their well-established
team in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
Specifics of Your Role as a Surgeon
- This position is full time, comprised of 150 annual 12 hour
shifts and follows a shift model (7 days on/7 days off).
- This position entails trauma, emergency general surgery AND
surgical critical care.
- Required credentials include Board Certification in General
Surgery with added certification in Surgical-Critical Care.
- Our team consists of 8 Surgeons, 12 Advanced Practice Providers
and 9RNs who provide support 24/7.
- The support model that our team uses ensures that patients
receive trusted, educated care with the use of advanced practice
providers and nurses and allows for surgeons to give more time to
those who require undivided medical attention.
- The team is excited to offer training to medical students and
hospital-based providers throughout the year to maintain and build
up trauma care knowledge and skills.
Parkview Trauma Center
- Parkview Regional Medical Center is aLevel II Adult and
Pediatric Trauma Center with eight board certified acute care
- As the home of the regions first trauma center, Parkview is a
recognized leader in the care of injured patients.
- American College of Surgeons accredited trauma centers;
Parkview Adult and Pediatric Trauma Centers were the first trauma
centers verified outside of Indianapolis.
- Mature trauma program with a large, busy trauma department,
admitting 2,400 injured patients annually and just last year,
performed emergency general surgeries for 1,400 cases
- Proudly committed to bringing the highest quality of care to
northeast Indiana and northwest Ohio
- Regions largest employer with over 15,000 employees
- Health system is comprised of more than1,000 world-class
providers in more than 45 specialties in over 300
- Named one of the nations top employers by Forbes
- Community hospitals recognized among Best Places to Work in
- Parkview Health has been approved by the ACGME for sponsorship
of accredited residency programs in Internal Medicine and General
Surgery with opportunities for teaching.
Our excellent benefit package includes:
- Highly competitive salariesplus annual incentive compensation
- Commencement bonus
- Paid relocation
- Student loan assistance
- Retirement contribution plan
- Flexible spending accounts
- Medical, dental, vision & life insurance
- Short and long-term disability
- And many other non-traditional benefits!
Northeast Indiana is in the middle of it all, located just three
hours or less by car from Midwest cities including Chicago,
Cincinnati and Indianapolis but with its own unique vibe and
Here, we offer the opportunity to create your version of the
American dream, whether youre looking to grow your career, family
Fort Wayne, the regions hub and Indianas second largest city,
consistently ranks as one of the best places to live in the U.S.
and boasts some of the nations lowest cost of living.
Putting the Life in Your Work-Life Balance
Northeast Indiana has the charm of small-town life, but with
big-city amenities, like vibrant downtown Fort Wayne. It has dining
and night life that rival the most eclectic places across the
nation. We are big on outdoor adventures, and we love to explore.
If youre a fan of professional sports, you wont be bored. If you
like fairs, festivals and happenings, youll have every weekend
covered. There are so many events to keep you busy every day of the
We encourage you to come visit our growing health system and
vibrant community and we will commit to welcoming you with our
Keywords: Parkview Health, Fort Wayne , Trauma/Acute Care Surgeon, Other , Fort Wayne, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!