Location: Van Wert
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Tenneco is one of the world's leading designer, manufacturers
and marketers of automotive products for original equipment and
aftermarket customers, with approximately 78.000 team members
working at more than 300 sites worldwide. Through our four business
groups, Motorparts, Ride Performance, Clean Air and Powertrain,
Tenneco is driving advancements in global mobility by delivering
technology solutions for diversified global markets, including
light vehicle, commercial truck, off-highway, industrial,
motorsport and the aftermarket.
To operate production equipment, manufacture product, fulfill
quality and production requirements.
1) Communicate to operators on other shifts regarding
2) Operate various machines such as trimmers, presses, greasers,
air check, laser N & N, redicoat, etc. and make simple adjustments,
such as, touch-up cleaning of cavities while in press.
3) Assembles component parts according to established
4) Grease and oil parts.
5) Review production process sheet and quality drawings to
determine conformance of part.
6) Inspect and sort parts visually and with use of simple and
precision measuring devices during production to assure quality
standards and specifications, record results, and enter quality
information into computer.
7) Take and record SPC reading during production.
8) Inform proper persons of discrepancies.
9) Identify defective parts and place defective parts in proper
10) Prepare packaging materials and make labels.
11) Pack parts in preparation of shipment.
12) Record necessary information on bin tickets.13) Record
production information on bin ticket and place in bin.
14) Clean equipment and work area.
15) Other duties as required.
16) Review scrap rack and/or communication log to determine how
press and parts are running.
17) Take new metals to proper persons to be inspected.
18) Place rubber prep around rubber plug.
19) Spray cavities with mold solution.
20) Prepare metal, rubber, and teflon for molding, i.e. filling
cement can, dipping teflon, cementing metals, fusing rubber.
21) Load metals and prep/teflon stock onto cavities by hand or by
poppet board and cycle press and run production.
22) Remove molded parts from cavities manually or by knockouts.
23) Record defective parts on quality charts and place in proper
location and record how press and parts are operating on
24) Use air gun to remove flash from cavities.
25) Check prep batch number and job number at press against
computer print out, record discrepancies, enter discrepancies into
computer, and tag sample for microhardness.
High school diploma or G.E.D.
1) Stand and walk on cement for 10 hours/day.
2) Lift approximately 40 lbs. frequently from floor to possibly
above head.3) Document information accurately and legibly.
4) Corrected vision must be 20/40 far vision and 20/40 near
5) Continuously work on presses where heat reaches maximum of 410
6) Work in area where heat reaches up to 110 degrees, average
temperature in work area is 80 to 85 degrees.
7) Must have accurate sensory perception to skin, i.e. to feel
8) Work on platform of 2 1/2 feet.
9) Frequently bend and twist at waist.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability.
Nearest Major Market: Lima
Nearest Secondary Market: Findlay
Keywords: Tenneco, Fort Wayne , Operator, Other , Van Wert, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!