Maintenance Level I 2 days a week
Company: Wyndham Hotels & Resorts
Location: Fort Wayne
Posted on: January 15, 2020
La Quinta by Wyndham is now seeking a Maintenance Level I 2 days a
week to join our team at the La Quinta by Wyndham Indianapolis -
East-Post Drive location in Indianapolis, Indiana.Job SummaryThis
position is responsible for repairing and maintaining the hotels
physical plant in accordance with Company standards for quality,
cleanliness, guest satisfaction, and safety and security.Education
& ExperienceMINIMUM EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent.MINIMUM EXPERIENCE:
- Prefer at least one (1) year of related general repair
- Must be able to stand and sit for extended periods, often for a
minimum of 2 hours at a time.
- Must be able to frequently walk and climb/descend stairs
approximately 50% of the time.
- On occasion is required climb up and down ladders.
- Must have general dexterity for firm and simple grasping of
objects. Some tasks, such as the use of small repair tools, may
also require fine dexterity skills.
- Must be able periodically kneel, reach, crawl, and twist torso
as needed to accomplish required tasks.
- Must be able to push and/or pull approximately 60% of the time,
to include when using a cart to carry linens, trash, tools, etc. or
when operating equipment such as a lawnmower, pavement sweeper,
- Must be able to regularly lift and carry up to 65 pounds
without assistance and a maximum of 140 pounds with
- Must have basic working knowledge of plumbing, painting, HVAC,
electrical, and/or other general repair skills.
- Must display very good organization and time management
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with
the ability to interact with many types of personalities.
- Must have sound judgment and discretional skills and work with
little or no supervision.
- Must be able to consistently work under pressure and
simultaneously prioritize multiple projects.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
- Must be able to obtain valid, current, and non-probationary
drivers license if required to operate hotel shuttle/van.
- Obtain any locally required certifications.Fundamental
- Perform routine maintenance throughout the property, to include
painting, carpet/floor cleaning, etc.
- Perform minor adjustments on HVAC systems, including the repair
and/or replacement of air conditioning units.
- Perform minor repairs and/or replacements of room furniture,
fixtures, and equipment to include television sets, light fixtures,
- Perform all other duties outlined in the Companys Preventative
Maintenance Program, including adherence to the work order
- Resolve work orders reported in a timely manner while Sensing
and Responding to guestroom needs.
- Clean and maintain the hotels exterior areas, to include the
swimming pool, parking lot, and all other aspects pertaining to the
hotels overall landscape and curb appeal.
- Protect Company assets by properly securing tools, equipment,
- Report requests for major repairs to the General Manager in
accordance with hotel procedures.
- Assist the General Manager in determining capital requests and
monitoring existing contracts for capital projects.Guest
- Announce presence and enter guest rooms in accordance with
Company standards and procedures.
- Smile, acknowledge, and greet guests while in guest rooms or
any other area of the hotel.
- Respond to guests requests for immediate repairs.Teamwork
- Be available to work a flexible schedule.
- Assist other employees in various assignments, such as
collecting/delivering dirty linen to laundry, operating the hotel
shuttle/van, and assisting with laundry or housekeeping as
needed.Safety and Security
- Perform work duties in accordance with Company safety and
security policies and procedures, as well as in accordance with
posted OSHA, HazCom, and Blood Borne Pathogen regulations and other
applicable state and local regulations.
- Report and store lost-and-found items in accordance with hotel
procedures.COMPANY OVERVIEW:Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest
hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management
company. We stand 20 brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than
80 countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel
experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest
and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel
possible for all.Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands,
and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests
deserve great experiences, and our robust portfoliodistinguished by
our leading economy and midscale brandsdelivers just that.We are
AmericInn by Wyndham, Baymont by Wyndham, Days Inn by Wyndham,
Dazzler by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts by Wyndham, Esplendor
Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham, Howard
Johnson by Wyndham, La Quinta Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham,
Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide by Wyndham, Super 8 by
Wyndham, The Trademark Collection by Wyndham, Travelodge by
Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham, Wingate by Wyndham, Wyndham Garden,
Wyndham Grand and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts.Headquartered in
Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai,
Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs
approximately 15,000 team members worldwide.Our Company is an Equal
Employment Opportunity Employer.Job Location: La Quinta by Wyndham
Indianapolis - East-Post Drive, 2349 Post Drive, Indianapolis,
Indiana 46219Employment Status: Part-time
Keywords: Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, Fort Wayne , Maintenance Level I 2 days a week, Professions , Fort Wayne, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!