Production/Sanitation - 2nd shift
Company: Cooper Farms Inc
Location: Fort Recovery
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job Title: Production/Sanitation - 2nd shiftLocation: 2351
Wabash Road, Fort Recovery, OH, 45846, USABase Pay: 16.500000 /
HOURJob Category: Production, SanitationEmployee Type: Full
TimeDescription Cooper Farms is a top farm and food company owned
by the Cooper family for over 80 years. Our team members are our
backbone and have helped us to earn a reputation for quality and
teamwork. We are currently seeking Production/Sanitation employees
for our Liquid Egg Products Plant to join our egg processing team
and provide quality eggs to consumers near and far, working Monday
through Friday, 2nd shift, start time of 3:30pm. If you're looking
for a job that keeps you active with a company that cares, this
might be the job for you! Cooper Farms consistently works to be
more than just a workplace to our team members. We provide generous
paid vacation immediately after hire, eight (8) paid holidays;
medical, dental, vision and life insurance, and FREE healthcare
clinics; a 401(k) plan with company match; monthly and year-end
profit-sharing bonuses; great deals on Cooper Farms deli and turkey
products; a $300 yearly wellness reimbursement, and so many more
opportunities to earn and grow with the company. Apply today to
learn what "more than a workplace" really means! OBJECTIVE: This
position will involve a mix of production and sanitation duties.
The primary goal of this position is to complete all task on the
production line: loading, material handling, candling, scanning,
and breaker operator, along with sanitation duties and material
washing. QUALIFICATIONS:A high school diploma is required. At least
2 years of experience with Cooper Farms or a similar operation is
preferred. Candidates must be willing to complete HACCP training.
SKILLS REQUIRED:This position requires organizational, written and
verbal communication and skills. Strong attention to detail,
troubleshooting skills and quality experience is critical to this
position. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:Must have the ability to lift up to
60 pounds frequently. The ability to climb ladders and stairs is
required. For additional physical requirements of this job, please
see Human Resources. MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow all GMP, NACCP and Safety Policies. Follow all
government regulations (OSHA, EPA, USDA, FSIS).
- Cooperate, assist and communicate well with other team
- Maintain an active interest in improving performance
- Must be licensed to drive a walkie.
- Work with and cooperate with Production Lead, QA and Management
- Complete any paperwork that needs to be completed
- Must adhere to all plant safety, food safety and food quality
- Must maintain a strong attendance record. Loader
- Lift stacks of flats of eggs on to the loader conveyor
- Have a good understanding on how the loader works and be able
to take care of any problems that arise while working at the loader
station to keep the loader working effectively.
- Must be able to recognize and correct inefficiencies that the
loader may be causing. Material Handler
- Must move pallets of eggs onto a loader safely and
- Dispose of inedible product in inedible containers into
inedible augers when needed.
- Must remove flats of dirt eggs from the candling station and
put the dirt's back thru the washer.
- Maintain and keep the production area clean. Candler
- Be able to recognize and remove any dirt's, rotten, blood and
- Understand and adhere that dirt's eggs shall be re-washed.
- Understand and adhere that rotten eggs, blood eggs and leaking
eggs will be disposed.
- Must clean areas needed. Breaker
- Be able to recognize and remove any shells in the cups.
- Be able to recognize and tip any cups that have blood
- Must understand and adhere that the line must be shut off and
cup removed if any rotten eggs are found or line must be cleaned if
a rotten egg was not removed in the cup.
- Must keep gloves, apron and tongs clean to prevent
contamination of product. Scanner
- Must be able to recognize and remove any eggs that could create
contamination (dirt's, leaker, blood, rot). Flats Washer
- Must fully learn and understand how to operate the flats washer
in a efficient and safe manner. Sanitation
- Responsible for completing and documenting the duties outlined
on the Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Scheduled Cleaning relating to
the facility cleanliness as assigned by the Sanitation Team Leader
and Management Team.
- Responsible for the proper handling and usage of chemicals and
cleaning procedures as written in Cooper Farms Liquid Egg Products
(LEP) policies and the Sanitation Manual.
- Responsible for labeling, mixing, and handling cleaning
chemicals. Sanitation Team Members must be able to formulate and
mix cleaning chemicals in the proper proportions without
- Responsible for wearing proper PPE when using chemicals or
- Responsible for the safe and proper operation of the CIP
(Clean-In-Place) systems which is used to clean the breaker
machine, product lines, filters, cooling press and holding
- Responsible for the documentation of the CIP cycles and
completion of the accompanying chart records.
- Responsible for the titration and documentation of chemical
levels utilized during CIP operations.
- Responsible for meeting 100 percent compliance with USDA
Sanitation Standards to comply with LEP Sanitation prerequisite
program in support of the company HACCP plan.
- Responsible for maintaining teamwork and maintaining a
productive working relationship with all shifts to obtain maximum
results and performance.
- Responsible for following all plant GMP and safety policies as
well as participation in the Food Defense Policy. These are the
current essential functions of the jobs and are subject to change.
LOCATION: F t. Recovery - Mercer County, Ohio
Keywords: Cooper Farms Inc, Fort Wayne , Production/Sanitation - 2nd shift, Professions , Fort Recovery, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!