Floating Loader Operator - Lima, OH Area
Company: CRH Plc.
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job ID: 375059
The Shelly Company, a CRH company, is a vertically integrated
supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mix concrete and paving
services throughout the state of Ohio. Our commitment to quality
drives us to use the most modern, efficient and environmentally
friendly technology in our industry. The Shelly Company is known
throughout the industry for innovation, quality and for our
commitment to safety.
To assist the Plant Operator with daily production duties by
operating heavy equipment and performing other miscellaneous plant
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
The duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the
- Primary operation of a Loader, with ability to operate various
other pieces of heavy equipment, depending on the job site,
accurately, efficiently and safely.
- Must be able to ramp all stock piles and load customers safely
and in a timely fashion.
- Must be able to assist in the event of a breakdown.
- Clean up around plant and surrounding area.
- Lubricate and perform general maintenance on the
- Ability to follow directions.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers,
supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when
- Report to the assigned job site ready to begin work at the
designated start time.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as
outlined in the Manual of Safety Practices and Procedures.
- Strict adherence to Shelly Company policies and procedures as
outlined in the Company Book of Policies.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers
or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Timely and regular attendance is an expectation of performance
for all Shelly Company employees. Employees will be held
accountable for adhering to their workplace schedule.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to
three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to do routine paperwork.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and
divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations
using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability
to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel
objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or
hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance. The
employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch,
Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance
vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. The employee must
regularly lift and/or move more than 25 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral
vision, and depth perception.
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds
of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that
together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized,
diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company
environment while having the career opportunities of large
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the
first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be
brought to our official employment application. Please complete
your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our
system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day.
Thank you for your interest!
The Shelly Company, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and
Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this
Date Posted: Jun 13, 2022
Keywords: CRH Plc., Fort Wayne , Floating Loader Operator - Lima, OH Area, Professions , Lima, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!