Company: The Premier Resources Group (PRG)
Location: Van Wert
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Van Wert, OH
Our client is in need of a Construction Superintendent. This
individual shall accept the overall responsibility of the assigned
job site and the daily activities of contractors working on the
site to exceed the expectations of the clients, both external and
The Superintendent shall always conduct him/herself in a courteous,
knowledgeable, and professional manner through leadership exhibited
by one's actions, commitment to the project, and personal
appearance. The Superintendent's responsibilities fall within the
four main categories: Safety, Schedule, Quality, and Cost Awareness
and Control. The Construction Superintendent will be responsible
for the Jobsite and oversee the daily activities of contractors
working on the site.
Daily / Typical Activities
Typical responsibilities of the Superintendent shall consist of but
will not necessarily be limited to the following:
- Complete understanding of the construction documents and the
- Daily coordination of work activities amongst the
sub-contractors and company personnel on-site.
- Check, monitor, and respond to e-mail throughout the day.
- Complete the Daily Construction Report in Timberline.
- Ongoing photographic documentation of Project progress and
electronic filing of the same on the server.
- Maintain appropriate job files and paperwork on-site as well as
contributing to the general electronic files through scanned and
stored documents and Timberline activities.
- Arrange for and lead a Weekly Progress Meeting, document
discussion & attendance, and distribute minutes of the meeting
(including an updated 3-Week Look Ahead Schedule)
- Fulfill daily and weekly safety inspection and reporting
- Daily interaction with Project Manager on project progress,
constructability and sub-contractor issues, extra cost issues,
- Continual observance of construction activities, noting the
correctness and the overall quality of the work per the contract
documents, and the refusal of sub-standard workmanship.
- A knowledgeable liaison to Owners, inspectors, and other
visitors to the site.
- Verify that the Jobsite is secure at the end of each day.
Values, Skills, Knowledge, And Abilities
- Commitment. A firm commitment to the company's core values:
Accountability, Environmental Responsibility, Innovation,
Sincerity, and Stewardship.
- Commitment to working in a collaborative, team
- Personal Growth. Have the desire and internal fortitude to give
of your time, talents, and resources to become the best version of
yourself to positively impact others and the company.
- Computer and Technical Skills. Should be able to embrace and
adapt to the technology required to fulfill the responsibilities of
this position, including Microsoft Office and Procore Project
Management software, or equal. Ability to complete the following
- Daily Construction Reports
- Daily and weekly Inspection Reports
- Weekly Progress Report
- Monthly Project Report
- Prevailing Wage Report
- Personnel Supervision. Manages and directs his/her direct
- Annual performance reviews of any direct reports.
- Periodic reviews of progress toward annual goals of any direct
- Establishment of annual performance goals of any direct
- Industry Knowledge. Due to the variety of projects that the
company targets for construction, a wide breadth of knowledge is
desired for the PS to be viewed as a valuable resource by a variety
of clients. This knowledge includes:
- Commercial and residential types of construction and methods of
- Development of sites, utilities, and infrastructure.
- Government services, including zoning, permitting, taxes,
incentives, and abatements.
- Contracts and Agreement for effecting construction and real
- Familiarity with sustainable design concepts.
- An understanding of industry trends and innovations to be able
to translate to Company projects.
- Established Network. The PS will have relationships with trade
associations, business influencers, and past customers.
- Leadership. The PS must be able to lead both clients externally
and project team members internally. This requires experience with
responsibility for leading, supporting, and managing skilled staff
- Team-oriented. Committed to working in a collaborative team
- Communication. Developed written and verbal communication
skills and the ability to work effectively with other team members.
Capable of representing the company publicly in a professional
- Time Management. Developed organizational, planning, and time
management abilities utilized to solve problems creatively,
manage/schedule multiple priorities, and adhere to deadlines.
- Budgetary Skills. Help manage project budgets, including
preparation of funding requests, project proposals, change orders,
Keywords: The Premier Resources Group (PRG), Fort Wayne , Construction Superintendent, Professions , Van Wert, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!