Maintenance Supervisor - Nights
Company: Caravan Facilities Management
Location: Fort Wayne
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Reports To: Maintenance Manager FLSA Status: Non-ExemptThis
position is primarily responsible for the following, but not
limited to:JOB RESPONSIBILITES:
- Responsible for leading Skilled Tradesmen in problem
resolution, continuous improvement and customer
- satisfaction. Will actively participate in projects to enhance
- Direct activities through Skilled Tradesmen to attain
production goals consistent with safety, quality, delivery,
housekeeping and waste elimination.
- Reviews the root cause analysis to evaluate equipment and
manpower resource requirements.
- Accountable for consistent application of policy and procedures
throughout the plant, including both
- attendance and corrective action.
- Coordinates and leads activities with other functions such as
operations, materials, engineering, quality and any other
departments, as necessary.
- Assists in establishing budgets and resource requirements for
planned maintenance and manufacturing
- projects. This includes forecasting manpower, equipment and
- Comply with and support the health, safety and environmental
programs, including policies and procedures.
- Handling discipline and commendation on his/he assigned
- Must work within the guidelines of the union contract.
- Establish and monitor standardized work. QUALIFICATIONS:
- Equivalent leadership experience in a fast-paced automotive
- Demonstrated leadership experience in motivating and mentoring
employees, long-range planning,
- formulating and business strategies.
- Demonstrated problem resolution skills.
- Strong manufacturing and business knowledge.
- Able to operator PC based software programs and automated
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written with
strong presentation skills required.
- Prior experience working on a cross-functional team
- Team building and conflict management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Previous lean manufacturing experience preferred. Work
Environment: The work environment characteristics described here
are representative of those an employee encounters while performing
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. - While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions;
moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne
particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions;
extreme cold and extreme heat. - The noise level in the work
environment is usually loud. - Physical Demands: -The physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. -
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly
required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel;
reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch,
or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or
move up to 50 pounds. - Qualifications: To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. - Education and/or
Experience: - Bachelor's of Science in Engineering and/or holds a
Journeymen card with 8 years of experience; or equivalent or
combination of education and experience. - Language Skills: -
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or
governmental regulations. - Ability to write reports, business
correspondence, and procedure manuals. - Ability to effectively
present information and respond to questions from groups of
managers, clients, customers, and the general public. - Reasoning
Ability: - Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a
variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited
standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of
instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Computer Skills: - To perform this job successfully, an
individual should have knowledge of Internet software; Inventory
software; Manufacturing software; Payroll systems; Spreadsheet
software and Word Processing software. - Other Qualifications: -
Must be able to travel 20% of the time. - Travel will generally be
for training. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Keywords: Caravan Facilities Management, Fort Wayne , Maintenance Supervisor - Nights, Professions , Fort Wayne, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!