Company: FedEx Logistics
Posted on: January 28, 2023
About FedEx Supply ChainFedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of
FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics
industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce
for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and
operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative
approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative
technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best
practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain
delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable
scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through
more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square
feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150
million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For
more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.We Have.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the worlds most
admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow
and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health,
vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!General
Summary.The Manager, Safety will be responsible for developing and
maintaining an industry leading safety culture that drives
continuous improvement in areas of Environmental Safety and Health
based on federal, state, and company regulatory requirements. This
individual is responsible for developing, establishing, and
maintaining all Environmental Safety and Health programs. This role
provides information, support and direction to all employees
regarding work place health and safety. This position will be
- Manages at least 2 full time exempt direct reports. Management
responsibilities include, but are not limited to: hiring,
terminations, coaching, skills development, recognition and
rewards, performance management and staff productivity.
- Plans, organizes, staffs, directs and controls the day-to-day
operations of the department; develops and implements policies and
programs as necessary.
- Develops and manages the department budget; ensures compliance
and addresses variances and other budget concerns.
- Plan, develop and maintain environmental, health and safety
policies and programs.
- Works with all levels of Leadership and Employees to identify
and evaluate environmental, health and safety hazardous conditions
and practices in the workplace.
- Maintaining Job Hazard Analyst documentation and implement
ideas created from the JHA.
- Coordinates the implementation of controls from results
environmental, health and safety audits.
- Is the main point of contact for all environmental, health and
safety related accidents/incidents, calls, concerns, projects and
initiatives. Takes initiative by making recommendations directly to
the Leadership Team to prevent future environmental, health and
- Compile, analyze, interpret and environmental, health and
safety misses including OSHA Recordable accidents, loss and
- Works with Operations Supervisors on environmental, health and
safety incidents insuring that all reports and medical decisions
are correctly made.
- Communicates with the corporate office to insure facility
alignment with Company policies, procedures and OSHA and other
- Provide training, direction, leadership to the environmental,
health and safety Committee; publishing agendas and meeting minutes
and maintaining an overall effective Committee.
- Conducts and coordinates on-site inspections of physical
conditions and safe work practices and behaviors.
- Prepares schedule for environmental, health and safety
representative weekly audits and communicates audit
- Makes recommendations regarding Safety Citations and corrective
- Develops and oversees all safety related incentive and
awareness based programs to enhance facility performance.
- Schedules and coordinates facility evacuations and develop
action plans to address opportunities.
- Insures all environmental, health and safety related reports
are prepared accurately and timely (ie: OSHA log, Core Audit
compliance, 5S, Evacuations, facility SOAR and accident/incident
analysis charts).You might be a great fit if.Education/Experience
- Bachelors Degree in related field preferred and 8 years of
- In lieu of degree, high school diploma or GED and 10 years of
- Span of control must be at a department level or above.
- 5+ years experience/training in law enforcement or security
operations in the warehouse or retail environment.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast pace dynamic environment with
tight deadlines a must.
- Computer literacy at high level to include Microsoft Excel,
Word, Access, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Customer service driven.
- Strong team player.Physical/Cognitive RequirementsWith or
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 10 hours per day.
- Ability to intermittently crawl, squat, climb, twist, bend,
stoop, push or pull.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color
vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift/carry items less than 30 pounds.ADA FedEx
Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with
the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable
accommodations are available for qualified individuals with
disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.Fed Ex
Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate
qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.Job ID:
46836Schedule: Full-timeRequsition ID: 46836
Keywords: FedEx Logistics, Fort Wayne , Safety Manager, Professions , Lima, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!