Production Control and Logistics Manager
Company: Ingenium Talent
Location: Fort Wayne
Posted on: October 12, 2018
Our client is a large global tier 1 automotive supplier. With this division currently experiencing rapid growth,?they are looking for an experienced Production Control and Logistics Manager to lead this plant. This company is well known for putting itself ahead of the game with new cutting-edge technologies and processes. They are known for having strong leadership, great advancement opportunities, exposure to a wide variety of projects and visibility to senior leadership. This position offers a strong compensation package, the ability to work in a structured environment and exposure to all aspects of the automotive industry. Job Description:
- Ensure customer satisfaction
- Supervise day to day activities
- Anticipate customer requirements
- Maintain good relationships with customers
- Manager the launch of new programs within the plant
- Lead the logistics team and set the objectives?
- Develops, recommends, and implements materials policies and procedures; maintains QS9000 requirements, supervises the quarterly physical inventory.
- Ensure staffing, training and development of team members
- Responsible for the motivation and development of subordinates to optimize their performance and their personal and professional growth.
- Ensure the deployment of the Employee Empowerment tools (monthly meeting, improvement ideas, autonomous groups?)
- Monitor logistics process
- Supervise day to day activities
- Prepare and propose the PIC (Sales and Operations Plan) to the plant Management Committee
- Improve suppliers and logistics partners performance and relationships
- Responsible for the proper model year phase-out programs and initiating and processing the resulting obsolescence claims.
- Oversee the purchasing and/or contracting for materials, supplies, equipment and services for the operation of the Plant, in addition to all inventory items. Investigates and solves problems resulting from material shortages, however caused.
- Manages the shipping and receiving functions of the plant, and oversees the storage of purchase parts and finished goods.
- Monitor logistics performance?
- Build and meet the budget
- Ensure the reporting of plant logistics performance (particularly FES indicators) and plant logistics action plan
- Implement logistics improvement actions, in coordination with the other plant functions (Quality, Production System Efficiency ?)
- Organise improvement projects?
- Assess and report performance of these projects
- Maintains adherence to company policies, safety standards, and good housekeeping practices
- Participate to the development of the Division PC&L network? At Ingenium, we believe People are Everything. Our foundation is built on Integrity, a strong team-based culture and a deep understanding of the markets we service. Our Process is Built around YOU! From the very first conversation, our team takes the time to understand your individual strengths and career aspirations. We want to get to know you and believe our team-based approach and extensive network of client relationships allow us to deliver the best opportunities possible. Put yourself on track to be where you want with your career and APPLY NOW! We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted at this time.
Keywords: Ingenium Talent, Fort Wayne , Production Control and Logistics Manager, Professions , Fort Wayne, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!