Company: Gerber Collision & Glass
Location: Fort Wayne
Posted on: August 15, 2019
OverviewThe Estimator Trainee works closely with our Estimator to
learn how to effectively diagnose and prepare all estimates for
repair in an accurate, thorough, and profitable manner according to
insurance partner and company guidelines. Additionally, the
Estimator Apprentice is responsible for communicating the value
Gerber provides, resulting in a high closed sales
- Greet each customer in a cheerful, positive manner to make him
or her feel comfortable and welcome.
- Maintain an appropriate dress code that characterizes
professionalism and trust.
- Insure a clear understanding of service/value that Gerber
- Provide excellent customer service to customers and insurance
- Assist customers with insurance questions and the filing of
Insurance Damage Reports if necessary.
- Survey damage on vehicles to create an estimate of repair;
coordinate tear-down of vehicle as needed with Production
- Complete estimates in a timely manner.
- Insure estimates are written to ensure adequate Company profits
and quality repair.
- Emphasize the values of Gerber Auto Collision & Glass in the
selling our service.
- Educate each customer about the repair invoiced in getting
their vehicle repaired (including insurance procedures, alternative
parts utilization, repair techniques, safety, value, etc. using
- Follow up with customers about additional/supplemental damage
card and possible extended repair time when necessary.
- Follow up on unsold estimates on a daily basis. (24 to 48 hours
after any unsold estimate is written.)
- Follow up on all missed estimate appointments within one hour
of the missed appointment.
- Review all prior damage noted (and document) and attempt to
sell repair of same.
- Review the Gerber Lifetime guarantee.
- Review the insurance company guarantee.
- Verify who/how payment is to be made and document in
- For towed in and valeted vehicles, the customer must be
contacted by phone and all of the above items covered within 2
hours of vehicle arrival. Copies of all documents must be mailed or
faxed to the vehicle owner.
- Insure that the likelihood of a supplement is minimized.
- Insure that alternative parts are used as appropriate or per
insurance guidelines (attempts to source parts must be documented
in estimating system & repair package).
- Insure that option of repair is used vs. replacement as
appropriate to minimize repair cost while maintaining quality of
repair when possible.
- Document days to repair in appropriate section of estimate &
enterprise(use Gerber guidelines).
- Enter scheduled-in date into appropriate section of estimating
system as required by insurance company.
- Note all prior damage and review with vehicle owner. Obtain
signature upon check in.
- Import all estimates into Enterprise (sold or unsold).
- Enter a communication note in the "Production Grid Comment"
section with any information needed by production to satisfy the
customer. Also note on glass at time of check-in.
- Include the paint and trim codes in Enterprise for 100% of the
- Create a repair order and schedule the vehicle for
- Communicate the promised completion date.
- Add any pertinent notes to repair order as to "sold/unsold"
estimates, special notes, etc. Check vehicles into Enterprise.
Provide the file to the General Manager
- Develop a follow-up system for all estimates not captured and
for all completed jobs. (24 to 48 hour follow up.)
- Verify that all signatures, work authorizations, powers of
attorney, and pre-inspection checklists have been obtained prior to
initiating the repairs.
- Collect all documentation required for the repair once the job
has been sold.
- Authorization to repair (signed)
- Power of Attorney
- Collect and/or rectify funds (who will pay), and document in
- Newly arrived vehicles must be checked in Enterprise Solutions
within one-hour of the time the vehicle is dropped off.
- Scheduled delivery date and promised completion date must be
confirmed/entered into Enterprise Solutions.
- Enter repair start date into estimating system as required by
- Provide file to General Manager immediately after check-in so
that labor splits can be done and job can be assigned to a
- Document any discussion with vehicle owner during check-in in
- Windshield, or most visible glass, must be marked upon check-in
with RO#, check-in date and time, insurance company, DRP or
Non-DRP, special instructions for repair.
- Interface with COD customers for any supplements identified by
the production team.
- Follow up with Technicians after vehicle tear down and make
necessary adjustments to estimate if needed.
- Inspect all incoming vehicles for unrelated damage, odometer
DEVELOPMENT OF OUTSIDE PARTNERSHIPS
- Assist Insurance Adjusters to create a Damage Report
- Handle add orders with insurance vendors: both DRPs and
Non-DRPs. Estimator should assist.
- Provide service to Insurance Claim Re-inspectors or claims
adjusters. Estimator should assist.
- Maintain a good rapport with all employees of Gerber.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures as outlined in
the employee handbook.
- Take responsibility in your area of employment with Gerber for
reporting, making recommendations and correcting situations adverse
to the Companys best interest.
QualificationsTo perform this job successfully, an individual must
be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, training certification and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Must be computer literate. Knowledge of Microsoft products is
- Must be able to use computer screen and keyboard for long
periods of time.
- Must be able to walk, stand, stoop, kneel or crouch in
providing an accurate estimate of a vehicles damage.
- Must possess clear vision in providing an accurate estimate of
a vehicles damage.
- Should possess good decision making ability and sound
- Must be able to speak/understand the English language
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Must possess a strong desire to learn and have an interest in
the automotive industry.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- 4-6 years related automotive work experience is preferred.
- Experience in a production auto body / body shop
- Prior customer service experience is a requirement.
- Photo-imaging software experience preferred.
- Must currently possess or successfully complete 16 I-CAR units
within the first 12 months of employment
Keywords: Gerber Collision & Glass, Fort Wayne , Estimator Trainee, Professions , Fort Wayne, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!