Aerospace Sales Manager-Aftermarket MRO
Company: Trelleborg Sealing Solutions (TSS)
Location: Fort Wayne
Posted on: May 29, 2023
Summary of the Role: -The Sales Manager (SM) is responsible for
the overall sales management, support and guidance of the Sales
Engineers and Global Key Account Managers. - The Sales Manager will
plan, direct, and monitor the activities of the Sales Team within a
specified geography, products mix, and market segment to achieve
established sales targets.The Sales Manager will also be
responsible for the SE and GKAM role of promoting and selling
Trelleborg products and services within an assigned geographic
area, market industry, product range or list of customer accounts
in order to achieve sales and profit targets. - The SE and GKAM are
responsible for generating profitable territory sales growth by
leveraging Trelleborg capabilities and resources in order to meet
and exceed customer needs and expectations. - The SE and GKAM are
responsible for building relationships across all levels within
existing customers and prospective target accounts to generate new
business opportunities.Tasks and Responsibilities:The primary
function of the Sales Manager (SM) position is one of sales
management, support, and guidance of the Sales Engineer & GKAM
Team. - The Sales Manager will also be responsible to promote and
sell Trelleborg products and services within an assigned geographic
area, market industry, product range or list of customer accounts
in order to achieve sales and profit targets. -
- Work with the GM to Attract, Hire, Develop, Coach, Retain and
Lead a professional and well organized team of Sales Engineers &
- Direct, Coordinate, and Motivate a team of Sales Engineers and
GKAMs to attain sales and profit growth objectives. Establish and
foster a positive, goal driven working environment.
- Coordination of all sales activities within the region in order
to gain market share and increase overall profits as defined by
each territory strategic plan and MC business plan.
- Assist in developing the Marketing Company Business Plan for
the MC region, inclusive of GIT growth plans coordinated with the
growth initiative leaders and Continuous Improvement targets.
- Work closely with the GM and Marketing Department, developing
and executing Sales and Marketing Strategies. Conduct quarterly
sales meetings. - Formulate Sales & Profit forecasts and
- Assist GM in management reviews, business reviews and business
- Provide the required business reporting documents to the GM in
a timely manner. These reports include Month End Reports, Key
Performance Indicators and Policy Deployment targets to
- Work with GM and Marketing department to increase Trelleborg
Brand Awareness and identify Marketing needs and opportunities for
- Make joint sales visits with SE's in order to pursue and
qualify new sales leads, visit existing and new strategic customers
with the focus being Total Customer Satisfaction and Generation of
Projects for Sales Growth.
- Complete 20+ sales visits per month with mix of new & existing
- Assist in building customer relationships and strategic
partnerships, assess customer needs and recommend appropriate
products and services; respond to complex customer inquiries;
negotiate prices and delivery times, and win sales orders to meet
sales targets. Utilize Trelleborg resources where appropriate and
- Identify, research, and contact new prospective target growth
customers that will generate future sales and repeat business.
- Provide market feedback and intelligence for use by local MC,
Marketing Department, Segment/Product/Lead Group personnel
- Promote standard products, and custom engineered products where
needed. Be a total solution provider.
- Assist in establishing the market sell price and profit margin
utilizing market research, tools and methods along with the support
of the GM.
- Develop short and long-term strategic sales plans for key
territories utilizing Sales Excellence Tools. Meet and review with
GM monthly and quarterly.
- Develop and implement procedures to ensure that customer
projects, quotations and orders are processed efficiently,
correctly and in a timely manner.
- Develop cross training and work instructions for customer
- Represent the MC in cross-functional teams: Sales Projects,
Sales Excellence, etc.
- Targets to achieve:
- Sales Growth: Achieve Sales Target. - Strive for 10%+ year over
year growth or budget number (whichever is greater)
- Profitability: Achieve Profit Target. - Strive for 10%+ year
over year growth or budget number (whichever is greater)
- Project Focus: Generate and convert projects for key target
customers. - Manage project cycle and velocity.
- Provide proactive communication, analysis and problem
- Provide innovative solutions and continuous improvements
- Work with the right sense of urgency: Response times,
flexibility and accuracy
- To maintain a professional attitude and appearance at all times
when dealing with customersEducation and Experience: -
- Minimum of 4 years work experience in sales, sales management,
or related field required.
- Bachelors degree in Business, Engineering, or other relevant
discipline required. MBA a plus.
- Strong knowledge of business sales and marketing practices
- Proficiency and experience in the use of business operational
software (CRM, Oracle JDE, SAP) required
- Proficiency and experience in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel
and PowerPoint required
- Knowledge of rubber/plastic products is beneficial
- Familiarity with ISO quality requirements is beneficial
- Ability to read and understand technical prints a
- Technical aptitude is beneficial
- Managerial, Motivational and Administrative skills
- Team player with collaborative skills
- Excellent Customer Focus and understanding of Total Customer
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent people and relationship building skills
- Customer driven with a positive, professional, can-do
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
with attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong analytical, decision making and problem solving
- The SM position is a local geographic position. In addition,
the SM position may include a local SE geographic position.
- Travel requirements (including overnight travel) will be
approximately 50% of the work time. - Travel will include local,
national and international requirements for customer visits,
business meetings, and trainings.Application: - -Last application
date 2023-6-12As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, protected veteran or disability status.---This
position requires the use of information which is subject to the
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants
must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ---ITAR defines a
U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green
Card Holder), Political Asylee or Refugee. -
Keywords: Trelleborg Sealing Solutions (TSS), Fort Wayne , Aerospace Sales Manager-Aftermarket MRO, Sales , Fort Wayne, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...